My 7 year old grandson has ongoing issues with pimples on his bottom that won't go away. His pediatrician and a dermatologist have recommended all kinds of creams and nothing seems to help. We have tried not putting anything on him, cornstarch, desitin, triple paste, and on and on and it continues. Sometimes it looks like someone has taken a razor and cut him. He has had this since an infant and it is so embarrasing and frustrating for him and his parents as they try over and over again to find a treatment. Can you help?

It really sounds like a possible staph infection situation to me. Staph just lives on our bodies, but sometimes it gets out of control. I would try getting some Tea Tree oil (or cream containing it) and dabbing it on them. Do the pimples ever heal or scab over? Do they hurt him at all and where on the butt is he getting them?

not staph... too long to be staph.. i'm a MD in pedi urology clinic.. and i'm not sure what to think of this.. it might be ingrown hairs if his underwear is too tight or he sits all day long (wheelchair ect..) try laser therapy or electrolysis to remove the hair if there is any.. but it sounds like you hae tried everything suggested by the pediatrician and dermatologist.. 2nd opinions are SUGGESTED because even Drs can't know everything.. good luck

I think it may be an allergic reaction. My son is very allergic to soy and this has caused acne on his bottom.

I have he same issue with my 7 year old girl. I have tried everything. Even got a skin swab the other day and came back all clear. No bacteria or fungal detected. I have tried more natural remedies and creams and some work for a while and pimples decrease but return. She is had them since toddler age and they are more present now. I don't know if it's a dairy related alergy, but why would it only appear on her bottom? she doesn't have them any where else.

Have you found a solution for those pimple on your grandson. I am battling the same problem and feel at a loss. They don't bother her but it bothers me. Please be the answer to my prayers

Hi toner just read your article in this pimple situation. I recently got my child's bottom swabed to see what bacteria or fungal is growing. Results came back all clear. No staph or fungal present. She did once have a staph infection that started off as a pimple in her groin and was treated with cephalexin for 2 weeks. All clear. These pimple main her bottom have been there for a while now and cephalexin didn't clear it up but it cleared the cyst on her groin? Being on antibiotic for 2 weeks should have cleared these pimples also. They don't have yellow on them but one develops a head then dries out as I am applying a homeopathic cream daily 3x.

Hello, my daughter is 3 and she has had something similiar like this for well over a year. Most the time the pimples appear to be full of clear fluid, then some get yellow heads and hurt her, which is actually going on now. We had her doctor look at it and they advised some type of cream, my wife applied that, tea tree oil and manuka honey. Nothing really worked except time and warm baths appears to relieve pain.

Can anyone advise? Based off what I read above I want to get a swab done of one of the clear bumps and the yellow one. Its really hard to not be able to help more.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The child should be evaluated for food allergies

My daughter had this. We finally after a two year battle found out she can't handle gluten! Cut it out of the diet and they should disappear within a week. Men my daughter gets too much gluten they come back. She doesn't have celiac but doctor says she's definitely intolerant.

We did the gluten free and diary free and nothing works. My boy is 14 now and has had this since he was 6.
Our next option is laser therapy.

We are in the same boat. She's had it for well over 2 years. Not sure what to think of it.

I put Vaseline on my son's butt and they got better overnight. Wouldn't hurt to try it! Slather it on! One with a big painful head on it was just a flat red mark in the morning and no pain.

Could it be keratosis pilaris? My son has it and he takes a bath with powdered milk and that hashelped

My daughter has them too. Her pediatrician and dermatologist both said it is Molluscum contagiosum. Pretty much nothing can be done about it but let it run it's course. She's had it for over a year now. They did suggest letting her sit on a heating pad at 110degrees for about 30 mins once a week.