Hello, I am 24 years old. I have a sister who has psychotic features mixed with depression. Can you tell me if this can be treated and what is this condition called. I almost know nothing about all of this and that is why I need your answers. I need the answer really soon. For everything you write I will be most grateful.

This condition has its name. I believe that it is called Schizoaffective disorder. I am not so sure about the name but my distant relative has this too. The disorder is more common for females. It starts in early adulthood. Treatment is a mixture of medicines and therapy. Some of the medicines used for the condition are: Depakote ER, Lithium salts, Risperdal and Seroquel. Except standard treatment some people claim that cannabis help them. Some patients can fully recover but the outcome varies from patient to patient.

You didnt really explain what her specific symptoms were (i.e. what actions she partakes in and what she does that implies she is depressed etc.) If you are comfortable with sharing that i might can give a bit of advice on something you can do to help