Hi, I need to be enlightened. I have always thought that psychotic people can not be cured. When a person is crazy, he or she is crazy for life. But, recently I have read an article where some doctors said that psychosis can be treated. I would like to know next thing: are psychotic conditions really treatable? Can a person be cured from psychosis?

Hi, there are a couple of things that you should know about psychosis first. Not all of these conditions are that serious. There are some severe forms and some that aren't so serious. One of the serious ones is psychotic depression. People with this kind of condition may, among other things, commit suicide. However, no matter of the form, psychosis is primarily treated by hospitalization. These therapies include talks with a specialist. Also, some antidepressants and antipsychotic medicines are included. Even when a person leaves the hospital the treatment is continued. Sometimes, when the case is not that much severe, even a regular talk with the friend, or an interpersonal relationship may be much helpful than synthetic drugs. And to answer your second question, I guess that a person can never be really cured from psychosis, but with the right treatment the condition may be kept under control.