My girlfriend is suffering from a very deep depression. She has her own therapist but she is not better. Bad thing is that she is worse, than before therapy. Her therapist says that now she is developing psychotic features with depression. What should we do about this? Should we ask for second opinion?

If someone has psychological problems, he/she needs a therapist. But if during the therapy, condition of person is not better, it requires second opinion. Second opinion is specially needed if person is developing new symptoms and problems. My advice to you and your girlfriend is to find and demand second opinion. It is necessary if you want her to be better. Something must have been wrong with her present therapy.

I absolutely agree with griffith. Your girlfriend should be feeling much better after the therapy.

When she was diagnosed with depression?

If she has been taking her medications regular and seeing her therapist and she is feeling even worse than this is the best time to change something.

First of all change the doctor. And of course you will need to explain to him reasons why you have decided to change something in her therapy. Afterwards you will have to wait and see if there is progress. I sincerely hope that this new approach is going to work and that your girlfriend is going to feel much better.

Keep us posted about her condition and stay her support in the future.