Hello all.

My mother’s friend has heart issues. She doesn’t use the internet much even though she is not that old. She is approximately 55.

Just the other day, she came to visit us and I overheard her and my mother talking about her health. She is not feeling very well. She was complaining about it to my mother.

Like I said, she doesn’t use technology much so my mother asked me if I could check something for her on the internet. She wants to know- what are the causes and what is the best treatment of venous congestion in legs.

Hello.

One of the most common reason for leg aches could be the fluid or build up in the veins of the legs. Usually doctors will describe this condition as venous congestion and this condition usually occurs when the valves that are present in the veins of the people legs do not perform the function of moving blood from your legs to your heart.

This condition can be dangerous because it can cause blood to pool in the legs and feet. This usually leads to severe pain very often. About the treatment – the most effective way of diagnosing this condition is when you consult your doctor and he will prescribe medication for you.

Hey guys.

This is the common medical condition in which the veins cannot pump enough blood back to the heart. There are several causes and those causes can be: blood clots in the deep veins, phlebitis, thrombophilia, obesity and May – Thurner syndrome.

When doctors determine what the cause is than they will set the proper treatment. You should know that this condition sometimes require surgical treatment.

My friend had vein stripping – that is removal of the vein. Every case is different.

I really hope that everything is going to be fine with your mom.

Good luck!

Thank you both so much. I find your comments very helping. I will read them to her the ext time she comes over or my mother hears from her on the phone.

You think that it is necessary for her to visit her doctor? She really hates going to the hospital since she has many bad memories from there and she will go only if she really, really needs to.

@La Yi La she is pretty fat, even tough she lost around 20 pounds in the last year or less,  so it is possible that the obesity caused this to happen to her.  

Hey there Health – n – joy. I am glad that we are able to help you. I know a similar cases and different cases. It is all pretty same for me but I am trying to tell you what I do know.

No one of us in here has nice memories from the hospital, we all want to forget (at least I think so) every day that I spent in the hospital. But it is impossible. So yes, she needs to go to see her doctor.  

If she has some extra pounds that can be just aggravating circumstances in this case.

But her doctor is going to tell her this.

Yeah, we all do. Nobody likes hospitals. But she really had bad luck with hospitals, several bad things happened to her there, totally unexpectedly. And then there was this time when she had to stay there for three months because she became pregnant at the age of 46 and it was a very risky pregnancy so she needed to be taken care of. She had a really bad experience with the nurses and one particular doctor.

I will tell her all that you have told me, I’m not sure I understand well all of this, but my mother probably will. Thank you.

I’m familiar with that type of pain, it is unbearable. It is persistent and sudden and it can last for so long, until you either decide to visit a doctor. Take it from me, I’m a person who went to the doctor twice in my entire life. Once when I was in labour and the second time when I had so much pain because of venous congestion in legs.
My treatment included: keeping my legs elevated, following a specific diet, drinking lots of fluids, exercising, taking breaks when I work for a long time at my desk and using them to walk around a little.

Good day everyone. I know about this pain and I know how annoying it can be because I am going through exactly the same thing like you do. I still don’t know the cause of it but I have a treatment that is effective and that is helping me to get rid of the pain sometimes. The first course of treatment in reducing the pain is to increase physical activity. Also, you need to wear compression stocking and elevate achy legs above heart level for a period between 10 to 5 minutes. This should definitely reduce the pain. It helped me a lot. Good luck!