My 16year old daughter nearly always has purple toes and very little toenails. She looks very pale (her father has olive italian complexion) and very dark circles under her eyes. She also develops clogged infected pores on her face ears and back which can last for months. When we did some blood tests to see if she lacked iron, we found the opposite - she has full hemochromotosis. Doctor just said it was hereditary and nothing to worry about. She gets stressed and rundown at times and has fainted on several occcassions. Any ideas?

I just came across your question today, as someone with a hereditary blood clotting disorder, I would suggest having her protime levels checked to see if this may be an issue for her.  Also, about 20-25% of women suffer from symptoms involving an enlarged uterus.......another potential source, and another issue I have as well.  This particular struggle was not discovered for me until menopause.  Tracking that issue, however, would involve an ultrasound.  The symptoms you discribe are ones I struggled with in my youth as well, and they contiued well into adulthood.  my skin struggles (athough never actually acne) often coincided with my periods onset (prior to it, typically) and continued well into my thirties......and since I never had children, I did not get properly diagnosed for either of these chronic conditions until later in life.  Although I do admit that both these disorders involve low iron levels for me.  Another consistent "symptom" for me was a consistently low blood pressure my whole life, until I was placed on anticoagulants.  The blood clotting disorder was not diagnosed for me until I had pulmonary embolisms.  Protime levels can be checked quite easily, and the cost for a test is very low.