Hi everyone, i was wondering if i could get some help, last spring i went on a diet,in 4 months i lost 12 lbs.I then stopped dieting after

having stomach pains, to make this story short since august i lost another 20lbs without trying, Ive done blood tests and all

is well except my iron levels were low. ive had a colonoscopy an endoscopy and an ultrasound on my organs and all is good.

My question is what else could be checked.....

This weight loss easily could be caused by iron deficiency itself, or iron deficiency anemia as it is usually called. Iron is central component is red blood cells who transport oxygen through your body. When levels of iron drop so does the amount of oxygen that is available to vital organs and the whole body just can’t function at its best. Iron deficiency is usually caused by lack of iron-rich foods in your diet. How does your regular lunch looks like? And after they determined low iron, did they prescribe you any iron supplements? Good thing is that you know nothing wrong with your stomach or intestines, now if it’s not your diet and if iron supplements don’t stop weight loss, maybe it would be good to do blood tests for levels of hormones, if you already haven’t.

thanks nikols, I have an appt on tuesday, I did a iron test and am awaiting the results. i was taking iron supplements for a month, and have stopped taking them for two weeks prior to my blood test, I am anemic, i lost large amounts of blood over the summer due to
bleeding internal hemorrhoids. as for the thyroid test my doctor said he checked them last year and they were fine...is a year old test good enough to make that assumption

At the beginning iron pills may make you feel somewhat worse. It takes them three months of regular taking for your body to finally start using this supplemental iron in order to replace old blood cells with new ones. So, basically, you haven’t given iron enough time yet, but I’m sure when you continue taking it things are going to get worse. I don’t think that your doctor will want another thyroid test before he definitely finds out if the iron was the cause, especially when these test you have are ok.He has other, easier signs that point to him if something is wrong with your thyroid and it seems that it isn't.

well im confused, my doctor read my results of my iron test and they were high iron levels low ferritin levels, i asked whatit could be but he didnt really say.alsoo my b12 was out of wack, wgat do you think...he also said my high heart rate could be part of all this.

well one issue was resolved i have hyperthyroidism, so that answers the weight loss. the other tests didnt come back yet, im also
diagnosed with chronic anemia, the doctor gave me iron pills thinking it was iron deficiency but my iron went through the roof.