hi i am 13 and i am 5'1. Just recently i've started use 3 kg hand weights.i have been doing allot of reps and i am unsure if this will stunt my growth or height.
my brother said it will and my dad said it won't.
i've read some stuff on this sight but i am still unsure.
could someone please tell me the right answer!
thanks

13 is too young to be lifting weights. Your body is stilla child's body. You are no where near having a man's body yet. You are still in your pubescent stage of life. Now, dont think that I am insulting you bc I am not. I went through the same thing when I was your age. You need to do dips or push-ups, and do sit-ups, crunches, etc. These weightless activities are actually the way to know how strong you are pound for pound. As for your dad, he is just wanting to push you so you will get an early start and be stronger than the other kids. Listen to your brother, because he will give you the right advice instead of a father pushing his son advice. I know this because I went through the same sh*t with my dad when I was growing up, and it made me miserable, and feeling like a failure when I couldnt live up to his sports standards. So, you need to wait until you are like 15, or in about the 9th grade and you will be just fine.

hi i am am also 13 and i am the 2nd best flat water cacoest in the country
i have to train hard for this and have been doing weights for a year it has not affected me in any way apart from my muscels getting bigger, the only pain is the burning off the muscels witch u are working this should stop after 2 days for me about 2 hours beacuse i am used to it.
carry on and be the best u can m8

do not under any condition lift weight before your growth is complete,6 ft. or taller , lifting weight seals the bones
and stop them from growing , any thing else you hear is wrong. no hurry , you will build muscles in thee
weeks any time you start lifting in your life time.