Hi guys I am 13 I was wondering if too much exercise can stunt your growth I'm 5'5 about 130lbs I used to be 150 and decided to lose about 20lbs and I want to keep going to build more muscle but not too much but just get toned and I was wondering if this could affect my growth I just do ab exercises and push ups I also play soccer and jog sometimes I lift 10lb weights and I was wondering if this can stunt my growth if I keep going because I want a six pack and toned muscles so if you could just give me some tips on what exercises I should be doing and if the exercises I'm doing are stunting my growth that would be great thanks

Hi Alfred,

All the exercises you are doing are beneficial.  They will not stunt your growth BUT remember, your muscles do need to rest to grow.  It's OK to take a day off.

The best exercise is swimming.  You work all your muscles and it is very easy on your joints. 

Lifting excessively heavy loads (weights) and using improper technique can cause damage to your growth plates.

Good luck.

Thank you I think I will try swimming and I will also try to take a break once in a while.

Thank you for the advice I'm looking forward to how it works out