My (recently) ex had a "black out" once. That's what she called it. She told me how much she wanted to break up with  me, gave me several reasons why, all of them honest things that she has hinted about sober, and then tried to beat me up. I let that go because she promised to stop drinking and go to anger management.

Recently, she went to a wine tasting and got drunk. She claims at that point that she blacked out. That was at 3:30 pm. At 8:30 pm she called me crying from the side of the road. She had a blown tire. I sent her a text with the information for our AAA. She then called me to tell me a cop arrived. I told her to stay calm and not worry and not to talk to him and just wait for AAA. At 10 pm she called me and said she was coming home. At midnight I got a text from a few friends that were at a local bar. They told me she was there, drunk, making out with a guy old enough to be her father, and they got kicked out for lewd behavior. She drove home and almost made it, save for parking her car in a ditch. When I pulled her from the car, she told me she got arrested (lie, as she was not in jail), defended the guy she was with, and was standoffish about her infidelity. Not even apologetic.

At 3:30 she was  texting me her plans (go to parents for dinner, meet with me later). At 8:30 we were exchanging texts and calls for AAA. When I checked her phone, she was telling her friend that this guy was taking her out to dinner and asking if she wanted to join with them. She was texting the same friend when the cop was there with her. "He's really cute. I'm flirting with him. He should have given me a dui I'm so wasted but I guess he thought I was cute too lol" and stuff like that. Then her call logs showed after she called to tell me she was coming home, she called the old dude for part two of their date.

She claims that she doesn't remember anything. The driving. The texts. The calls. Being at the bar with the old guy making out. None of it.

Could she have done all of that and still be blacked out?

Could she have been blacked out for almost nine hours?

Please be frank and honest. Thank you.

Cut your losses and move on. The fact that you could/would type all that indicates that you deserve better. Seriously, move on.

Thank you for your honesty.

Is she your wife? If she isn't, then I would think long and hard. This may seem harsh, but it seems like alcoholism has set in. You will have many problems with her if she doesn't get help now. I have a friend who recently had a blackout. After she arrived at my house, she fell asleep. After she woke up, she thought she was at her house and that I had come to visit her. She was hugging me and saying she was so happy that I had come to her. It was as if she had not seen me in 20 years. I didn't know it when I first met her the depth of this problem. She has been drinking for many years and has been diagnosed with fatty liver. I care very much for her but that emotional display over what to me was an every day thing like seeing your friend was over the top. We just recently saw each other. It took her awhile to orient herself and she figured out where she was. She said she did not remember driving to my house. I think blacking out is when you are unconscious but on automatic pilot. The fact that my friend was driving, arrived at my house, fell asleep, woke up and did not know where she was is the unconscious part. It seems your lady was very active so it doesn't match what is referred to as blacking out. How could she be unconscious and engage in all that activity? The meaning of the words "blacking out"are in the words. 

Thank you. This is very hard on me, but I'm more worried about her. I know that she will never help herself, or get the help she needs, if I provide an emotional safety net. I still don't understand 100% what she did that day but it was a clear sign and I am doing the right thing.

To answer your question: Yes I think she could have done all that blacked out. Not to say it's acceptable but it is possible. I know this from personal experience. Also my father once lost an ENTIRE DAY from drinking too heavily. Did not remember a single thing.

Blacking out doesn't mean you don't know what you are doing. It means you don't remember what you did. That doesn't mean you are not accountable for what you did.

She has a problem and only she can fix it.