Hi.

I have a huge problem and I hope you can help me. I got a small tattoo on my ankle 5 years ago. Few months ago I've decided to remove it because I found new job and because that tattoo reminds me on a lot of things from my past I'm trying to forget.

I've been scheduled for laser removal in a week. But, after that first time I couldn't tell any difference, except redness and pain. Second treatment (a month later) didn't change things either. Pain was worse, but my tattoo as same as it was before I've started removal.

I've done my third attempt 3 days ago and guess what... Tattoo still looks the same. Dermatologist claims that it will take several treatments until the tattoo is totally gone. Apparently the ink is too deep. 

I've talked to other people who had tattoo removal and all of them claim that their tattoos were gone after first treatment.

What is going on? Is it possible that ink went too deep or doctor s just saying BS, trying to milk more money from me? I've already paid around $1000.

I appreciate any advice.

So, you have already had 3 laser treatments and your tattoo is still there.  Did you see any of the color gone?  Some tattoos are more difficult than others and it is possible that it may take several treatments.  You know some people's tattoo are very light in color and I'm sure they would be easier to remove.  I'd give it another shot.  Temporarily, there is leg makeup that you can use to cover over it.  People who have bright red scars often use it.  It works really well as I have used it on my legs to cover deep red scars from massive jeffy fish stings.

Hello there.

Well, there are a couple of reasons why your laser removal won't work. It is nothing unusual, it can happen. 

First, maybe you haven't choose the right type of the laser removal, because there are a various of those. If you have a colored tattoo, some lasers just won't erase it all, so that is how we are back on the first issue - you need to find another laser treatment.

Tattoo location also can play a huge roll. Some are easier to remove than another one. So, the position on your body has a major priority. Don't forget about removal tattoo aftercare after this laser procedure, it is also very important. 

Generally tattoo has gone after laser removal. I think You should change dermatologist. You can go for lasereast.net where you'll found an effective result. Don't worry permanently tattoo removal after laser therapy.

Never known a tattoo to be gone first time. It can take between 5 and 15 sessions