What are the know effects of smoking Marajuana whilst pregant?

I am 3 months and am not handling be pregant at all.

I smoke one spliff per day (marajuana mixed with tobacco) - I know that neither of them are good for baby but just cant seem to stop especially as I have no support from the father who is a cronic smoker.

I am worried about my baby and need some help to quit this.

As you are aware, both are unhealthy for the baby, just as you stated. As far as the effects on a pregnancy smoking marijuana raises the rates of spontaneous abortion, pregnancy complications, and problems with labor and delivery. Birth defects are associated with marijuana use. Fathers' use lead to higher rates of certain heart abnormalities. Mothers' use is associated with mutant lymphocytes--deranged immune cell factors--which could later lead to higher rates of childhood cancers.

But wait--there's more. Their newborns can experience mild withdrawal and some nervous system effects. And the toxic effects of pre-natal marijuana exposure is the gift that keeps on giving. Effects are often not readily apparent in newborns. Still, psychologists who have studied these babies have found neurological delays. Likewise, few negative effects are apparent between the ages of 1 and 3. But a woman shouldn't be fooled if she has heard of a study where the very young kids show no ill effects. Pre-natal marijuana exposure effects what are called "higher cognitive functions" which don't express themselves until later. At four years old, decreases in verbal ability and memory can be found in those kid exposed to pre-natal marijuana use. At ages 5 and 6, more problems with attention span are found. Needless to say, none of this sets the kid up for a great experience in grade school. At ages 9-12, the same problems persist and compound. Pre-natally exposed to marijuana kids have lower impulse control, don't do as well on certain types of analysis and reasoning tasks, and have lower reading and language skills.

This is when it is just marijuana, it can and often is mixed with other drugs to "enhance" the high. Also think of the expense of Marijuana, you are about to have a new baby that will need approximately $50-75 of diapers a WEEK. Not to mention everything else.

Why do you feel that you aren't handling the pregnancy well? What can be better for you to handle it better? I myself am in my 5th month, pregnancy is hard work, yes, but what problems are you feeling or are you worried about?

The best thing you can do is:

1.) Insist that your partner does not smoke around you, perhaps he take it outside or to the garage, but not around you.
2.) Stop the marijuana ASAP, and cut back on the tobacco (you don't have to totally quit the cigarettes immediately).
3.) Perhaps visit a clinic near you to see if they offer any programs to help keep you off the drug. There is no resolution for the tobacco until you are no longer pregnant other than willpower.

Where did you get your so called facts from?! This is plain scaremongering. All of your statements are prefixed with 'can' and 'may'. Your child 'can' and 'may' develop problems all on their own.