I am a 31 yr old male and have been suffering from severe panic/anxiety everyday for the last 8-9 years of my life. lol it's amazing.  I have read many post's of people smoking weed and then going into panic,  for me it was the opposite.  I had smoked weed regularly from the age of 17 never had any panic.  I was 23, had an amazing job, still smoked weed but I was on a business trip in Las Vegas for a tradeshow and to meet with clients ect.., and had no smoke(weed) but figured I was fine.  Day 7 of the 10 day trip at Emeril's restuarant in the MGM I panicked for the first time left the table very quickly and never returned.  I walked the streets of Vegas all that night curling up on bench's not sure what to do...  very suicidal I think I was.  So thankful I made it home.  When I think about it I would attribute my panic to .... too much alchohol, a little bit dehydration, very little sleep and stress.  I could not figure out anyother triggers.  So If I had weed to smoke and relax me... ( like I had been used too ) I believe I would not have panicked..?? Not sure.??  This was my second year going on the trip,  I had been to that restaurant before....  I am now 31 almost 32 , have not worked since , tried 20+ medications with bad effects, NO friends and have pushed any family so far away mentally and physically.  I have my coping methods that get me by the general anxiety and sadly I can sit quietly through the panic everyday if I don't push it but this has ruined my life.  I smile when I cry lol :-D. Just looking for some thoughts as I still smoke probably even more and dont notice anything bad really.  It helps with sleep, distraction, eating and it makes me happy

I'm no expert on addiction, but I would recommend checking into a rehab facility in your area. Your family is your greatest asset in a time like this, give someone close a call, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Ever. Your family loves you, no matter what you do, or have done, just ask them for help.

The weed is a mask, the problem is: taking out the mask hurts, and i´m feeling this. I smile when i cry but smoking more just feed an illusin that i will need to take away later. In fact i´m taking away a lot of dust under the carpet that i kept there smoking the herb. It´s a choice, i don´t like the way it is, i´m not God but....it´s all about choice: you can choose to keep smoking more and more, or you can choose to slow down and quit one day, maybe it´s not time for you to stop completely but slow down for sometime and you will need to slow down more. If you are smoking a lot and quit completely you will panic, the fear will be unbearable and you will go back smokink afraid of trying to stop again.
So slow down a little, see how it goes, you will feel bad on one side, but you will see improvements too. Just try.
This sh*t ruined my life but i will get my life back!

Good luck my friend!

Thankyou very much for your reply's Bird and Heather it is appreciated. I don't think weed did this to me, but it may not be helping to get better. I do not get addicted to things, I hate having to depend on anything... I don't drink alcohol, have never smoked cigarettes and I even told my doctor to stop giving me so much xanax, I was taking 240+ pills / months and am down to 150. regreting it a lil bit. I hope im not liying to myself but if I did not see any beniefts im sure I would have no problem quitting.

oh and goodluck with your journey, we will get our life back

Thanks again,

Just me G