Hey Guys

So i've been smoking for about 2 years (i am 20yrs old btw), and i really want to and need to quit smokiing mj. My first 12 months of smoking was great, i was more social than i would be, made more friends, and just had a blast hanging out and smoking with people. but after a while, i started to feel weird. i would start having negative thoughts, and think bad about everything and everyone. this made me withdrawl myself from people. i even get the weird feeling when hanging out with my close friends.

i became lazy,  less motivated, felt like i was getting stupider and dumber by the day, i wouldnt speak as much, and slightly got depressed. i would never admit to myself that i developed SA. because i cant stomach that idea. i mean i used to be funny, smart, full of energy, self motivated, and never in a depressing mood. soon as i noticed these changes i decieded its time to quit. this is where the real problems began. i struggled with quitting for about 8 months, just when i would be clean and starting to feel like me again, i get drawn back into it. either because i see my brother smoking everyday, my roommate, also smoking everyday, or my best friend occasionally smoking.

during this past summer, i noticed some improvements after being sober for about 2 months, rigorously exercising, taking cna class, and working. and also my childhood bestfriend was back in town. i became outgoing again, and got a little bit of all my former personality and abilities back. i was happy. i made new friends, and even hooked up with several girls, i mean i accomplished things i never thought i would be able to. so now im back at school and the old habit kicked in. now i cant even have nice convo with someone, i feel like everyone is judging me, my confidence with the ladies is no where to be found. it sucks knowing that you can do someting, but yet not be able to do it. i dont even talk as much anymore because im afraid of saying something stupid. in all, i've just became weird. i hate being way. So now i realized smoking isnt for me, and i've decieded to quit cold turkey. i have a couple of questions.

Now that i've quit cold turkey, will i ever get back my personality? and if so, how long will it take?

i really want to know because i've been hearing that weed causes permanent damages to your brain and even if you quit, you'll never be the same. However, i've heard otherwise. so i don't know what to think or what to expect.

What do you think?

Also, for more detail on my case feel free to read this https://www.steadyhealth.com/Smoking_weed_has_changed_who_i_am__t273663.html?utm_source=newPosts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newPostNotification#1030410

Thanks Guys, i really appreciate your feedback.

I've never personally smoked weed, but my advice is to try and find something else that makes you happy. Obviously not a drug, but my sister has had a hard time getting of drugs she's 27 yrs old and has custody of none of her 3 kids. Drugs usually ruin your life and no matter what you get hooked on its always hard to stop. There's gonna be permanent effects because your brain never forgets why it was like and all I can say is to to try and get a crutch that is drugg free. Hope I kinda helped

You're just a b***h. I'll smoke a blunt while f*****g a girl and having a convo with your mom at the same time

Mate your screwed. No but seriously take coke or mdma

I have this exact same feeling when I smoke weed, feel like everyone in the world hates me and scared of speaking incase I say something stupid, it's a horrible feeling! I've not smoked weed for two years now and I'm not the same person I used 2 be before I started smoking it, out going bubbly unless I drink alcohol it's totally wiped my confidence.