Hi everyone,

I'm 15, I started smoking weed around December. I smoked every weekend, and I woke smoke 2 - 4 joints at a time. I continued to do it until around April, when I stopped because everytime I smoked I would get anxiety and my heat would race. at the time, i didn't let it bother me because I believed it was normal. I quit 3 weeks ago, and I have been having signs of depersonalization and anxiety. My heart has been beating very fast and hard for the past 48 hours, and I had an anxiety attack last night. Can anyone give me some advice? 

Yes i can. It is funny that weed is supposed to make u relax, but strangely enough, it does make you anxious after you smoke it. your hear does race and sometimes you do get paranoid. I don't know if it does everybody the same way,but it seems i can relate to how it made you feel. If you already have anxiety issues which i have but didn't know when i  was smoking, it tends  to aggravate it and makes it worse. My suggestion is that you quit immediately before your symptoms get worse. Weed makes anxiety , panic attacks and depression worse. Stop smoking now!!!! It does not agree with your system and it will eventually cause you emotional issues. Trust me on this.

that is exactly what has happened to me n why im actually searching the internets tonight to find out whats wrong with me!! I do not smoke weed regularly, done it just a few times in my life, and one of them was 2 days ago, when i had some coz my boyfriend offered me some, n since the next morning iv been feeling horrible, feels like im about to have a panick attack n feeling really strange n paranoid!! I will never smoke weed again, its for sure :/ i just dont know how long will i be feeling like the last 2 days, i really hate it :/ im 27, female.

imadoll wrote:

jackray wrote:

yes, don't smoke anymore, it doesn't agree with your system either, am glad you realized this early It might be up to a week before you start feeling normal again, i think it because of the panic attacks and anxiety we already suffer that makes the weed act like this for us, anxiety and weed just don't go well together.Where it relaxes people that do not have anxiety issues, it aggravates it for us. I learnt the hard way!!

Yeah you definitely need to quit. The things in weed can worsen and cause more than just an anxiety attack which will hurt more in the long run. If you truly care about yourself you would just quit flat out.

Weed is a anti-depressant and you only get paranoid if you can't except the fact that your high, and whats happening isn't real

dont agree, coz that nite when i smoked it, i was feeling fine, all that feeling high n that was fine, im not a child i know what to expect doing any drug lol but what was my issue is the 2 days after, thats when i was feeling like c**p :/

I agree with this, but because it's a medication (cannabis), it will react differently with everyone. You don't just start taking Vicodin because you need it. Use cannabis because your doctor recommends it, not for kicks with your buddies.