Hi, I had a radial nerve injury, and I have loss of extension of my fingers. I don’t know what to expect. Did you have this injury?

Hi, I had a radial nerve injury a month ago. I remember doing an electromyography test, which helped locating the site of injury. It has been 4 weeks since I had radial nerve injury, and EMG is still not positive. A doctor told me to expect signs of recovery in three months from now. I don’t think that I am in danger of complications any more. Most often complications are damaging a nerve during the surgery and not having a treatment on time, which results in atrophy of affected muscles. Prognosis depends on type of the injury. For example, with neuropraxic lesion, the prognosis are good in 90% of cases. With axonotmesis, the prognosis is not so good, but it’s certainly worst with neurotmesis.