I have been experiencing some problems with my right hand. Actually, doctors said that I have ulnar nerve entrapment and that it is reason for my symptoms. I have felt numbness and some pain near the palm. Doctors also said that there might be a possibility of undergoing ulnar nerve entrapment surgery. Is that really necessary? It is not that I am afraid; it is just that I am open for other suggestions. What do you say?

Numbness and little pain is just the top of the iceberg. There are so many various conditions that you might get from a benign one, and they almost all end up with a hand dysfunction. So, if doctors said that surgery is needed, perhaps you should listen to them. Or get a second opinion, it is your choice.

Numbness indicates increasing pathogy of the ulnar nerve. You risk not only increased nerve dysfunction but subsequent muscle atrophy the longer you wait. Have the surgery. Your condition will likely worsen without surgical intervention. Prognosis under care of good orthopedic specialist is good. Have nerve conduction test to illustrate apparent condtion.