Hi, a week ago I have stumbled on a TV show that was about medicine. That show's topic was about Raynaud's disease. I did not catch it from the beginning and some things are unknown to me. It appears that cold has something to do with it. Anyway, I also heard that finger color changes in Raynaud's. Is this true?

Hi, Raynaud's disease is a very strange condition. The symptoms of it are numbness of certain body parts (almost always extremities). The extremities, fingertips and toes, also change color. This happens when exposed to cold. Even a cold water can make this changes occur. Our body normally, when it is cold, constricts the blood vessels to preserve the heat. In the case of Raynaud's disease the constriction is excessive. This especially "hits" small blood vessels located under the skin of fingers and toes. It is true that fingers change color when one has Raynaud's disease. When this happens, it means that the blood supply of them is completely terminated. I hope this clears things up for you.