Hi. I am 23 year old female and recently I started to suffer from some symptoms that remained me on some food poisoning.
It began with gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea and diarrhea. But after two or three days I started to suffer from fever and muscle aches. I couldn’t connect my poisoning with some specific type of food but I admit that my eating habits are not the best.
I eat irregularly and most of the time it is hotdog or hamburger on the street.
I don’t know why in waited so long but I contacted my doctor not until seven days have past.
My doctor did some blood testing and discovered that I have some infection called Listeriosis.
Does anybody know something about this disease?

I was diagnosed with listeriosis and I have recovered very well from it but I must tell you that we are talking about one serious infection caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes.
You have experienced some very mild symptoms of this infection. I also had luck with it but my doctor scared me when he told me that if infection spreads to the nervous system, symptoms such as headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance, or convulsions can occur.
This bacterium has been found in a variety of raw foods, such as uncooked meats and vegetables so you probably infect your self with eating that hamburgers and hotdogs on the street.
Listeria is killed by pasteurization and cooking. You should get antibiotics imidiately because prompt treatment is only right cure.
In every other case- this infections result in death.