Hi
I am experiencing anxiety and panic currently only thing I csn link if back to is coming off birth control. I am seriously considering anxiety meds as feel like I cannot cope with it. Interesting to see so many people have experienced similar things. How long did it take to re cover and what did you do?

Well I have had my 6th period since stopping birth control and I will have to say that 99.9 percent of the time now I have no anxiety symptoms. And the hair loss that started when I starting taking it and accelerated when I stopped bc has finally stopped as well. However I am dealing with irritability and crazy acne, almost like I'm going through puberty again!

Update: well its been six months since this all started and I feel that I have recovered about 99%. Recently went on vacation and didn't think about anxiety or panic the whole time. I can't remember when I last time I had a symptom. And the hairloss I experienced when I stopped bc has finally stopped as well. Now I am dealing with crazy mood swings, irritability, and very bad acne :( But I will take this anyday of the week over the panic and anxiety.

Hi. Can you give an update on how you are doing? I am feeling this way now. Its so hard and hearing about people who recover with no meds is really encouraging! thanks!

I am experiencing all the same symptoms at the moment. I am constantly nervous and anxious and have severe panic attacks since stopping the pill 2 months ago. I have not been able to eat much and am losing my hair. I feel like I am never going to get better and I will never feel like my old self again. I am currently deciding if I should defer my final semester of UNI and move back home with my parents. Thank you for sharing your story, It has given me hope.

Thank you so much for this post... My name is Alexis Wagner- and I feel like I am living your life! I am also young/college age and my time frame seems similar to yours! I would love if we could text and you could help counsel me! I am also a girl of faith, and your reassurance could be awesome for me. Please email me if you can!

Alexis: browse the internet, google "side effects of hormonal birth control" and you'll find TONS of women who write about the horrid side effects of this poison.

How are you feeling now? I am going through the same as you! And everyday is a struggle, and I hate it :(

My anxiety has always been religiously based. And my mum the first time thought it all started when I went on the pill. I came off and got better went on again recently and bang it's back! I've come off again and it's been probly 2 months now where I have good and bad days/moments I'm scared god will be angry at me for things I have done. And while I know he forgives and i should be ok my priest said to me it's me who is not forgiving myself and I know god has forgiven me. It's just good to see someone with such a similar story!! I hope I will be ok and realise that in life we make mistakes and as long as we are good people or try to be at least and learn from our mistakes we will be fine

Thank you so much for your story! I feel like my story is identical. I have been on birth control for a little ober two years now. Pretty much the whole time I've had anxiety/depression, fear, irrational thoughts etc. For this reason I've decided to stop my bc pills cold turkey. Reading your story is inspiring and I know now not to give up. The body will eventually heal itself. Thanks again!

Hi Christine,
I want to thank you so much for sharing your experience. My daughter is going through the exact same thing right now and reading about what you went through gives us hope. I have been so worried about her. I too, told her it was due to stopping her birth control pills. She stopped on a Friday and by Monday she started with the EXTREME anxiety. She normally is a very outgoing, happy person. She has not been eating or sleeping. She feels that there is something wrong with her making her crazy. She doen's want to be around people at all...it increases her anxiety. She too mentioned the racing thoughts and continuous praying to help her.... On top of it all she just started a new job that is not helping with her anxiety. It has been taking everything she has got to even go to work. It has been a week today....so hopefully by next week she will be feeling better. Thank you again!

Hi Bianca
How are you feeling now?
If God has forgiven you, then He will not bring that forgiven sin up again against you. He is only angry at what isn't forgiven.
Take care

Why don't you get your daughter to register here and get help directly. Research those who you feel will give the best advice, and ask them directly.

Has anyone went back ON it to see if you went back to normal?

Don't do that!!