I've had the same flu symptoms three times this year, first at Christmas, then in March and just now in July. I'm in Northern California. I've never had anything like this before. It starts with an excruciating sinus headache- pain and pressure concentrated in the forehead and nose area, postnasal drip etc. This is accompanied by stomach nausea, weakness, dizziness, aches, and sometimes vomiting. Hangs on for 3 or 4 days. It's terrible because you can't take anything for the sinus pain because that upsets the stomach.

Anyone else having these symptoms? Is it flu and if so what kind?

Hi GinaSJ,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I seem to suffer from the same issues. It has been going on for a few years... every so often (1-2 months, or as often as every 3 weeks) I start sneezing, get itchy watery eyes, then get a terrible sinus headache behind my right eye, I am nauseated, achy, can't concentrate, and feel listless. I also get a headache at the base of my skull on the right side where it meets my neck. This all seems to last around 3 days and it is gone.

I have gone to the doctor, he cannot figure it out. I have taken various Sinus sprays and homeopathic sprays, but none seem to work. It sounds very similar to what you have. I have thought that it is some sort of sinus infection or allergy. Let me know if you have been able to find out what it is - it is a mystery to me as well.

You guys need to both see a good neurologist. There are certain types of migraines and cluster headaches that come and go like that. It might not be a flu at all. If you feel like it's a sinus infection or an allergy attack, but it progresses into a nasty headache that hangs on awhile, you really might have the same thing I do. I saw my doctor half a dozen times before we collectively figured out that it was a type of migraine doing it. If taking a prescription pain medication or a headache aborting drug stops the sinus symptoms, you pretty much have a cause you can deal with.
Sinus symptoms are very common with migraines and cluster headaches.
Good luck and I hope this helps.

A lot of these symptoms could be signs of liver disease.

I had an awful sinus infection a few weeks ago. I needed to speak with a doctor immediately. I simply picked up my cell phone, I was able to speak with a doctor within minutes! And received a prescription... While laying on my COUCH!