I have been suffering a mild headache for the past 5 weeks the headache or dizziness is situated on top of my nose and behind the eyes and the pain is bearable. The headache is also accompanied by a very stiff and painful neck and blocked nazal passages when I wake, which is worst than the headache A year and a half ago my GP, after two courses of antibiotics which did not work prescribed a course of Accupuncture which cured the problem. Unfortunately the headache has returned, and my GP who addministered the accupuncture has retired through Ill health so I've made an appointment with a local Accupuncture Clinic for next month which will cost £50 but i'ts worth it if it works,it worked once so i'm hoping it will work again.

You need to leave those acupuncture whacks alone they help very little , you have a MEDICAL condition and need to see a doctor sounds like you have a staph or sinus infection that goes dormant for a lil while and comes back with allergies it could be meningitis is a must!!!!

please get checked to rule out anything dangerous.

Bobbi64 wrote:

kentom78 wrote:

I went to see my GP two days ago and although he looked behind my eyes with a powerful light beam he told me he could see nothing out of place, but when I asked him what he thought was causing the headache he said he didnt know but he put me on a steroid nasal spray and painkillers which have not worked up till now. As far as the acupuncture is concerned it was my GP back year before last that prescribed and administered it to relieve knotted muscles in my neck which he thought was causing my headache.

It sounds like you may have chronic sinusitis. Congested sinuses can interfere with your breathing and lead to related issues such as pain around the face, eyes, and neck. There are many possible ways to approach your sinus symptoms, ranging from steroid sprays to simple saline solutions to modern high-tech drug-free formulas such as Sinox. Prescription treatments often cause rebound effects and have serious side effects. Nasal irrigation has been practiced for millennia, and is generally regarded as safe. Personally I've found that nasal rinsing by hand or device has helped a lot, and most recently I've been using Sinox and finding it really helps immensely. You can experiment with a variety of solutions to find out what works best for you!

jddavidson wrote:

Bobbi64 wrote:

kentom78 wrote:

hi! Bobbi 64, I think you are right, I think I may have chronic Sinusitis, but the thing that gets me is the length of time it takes to clear 11 weeks to date, but I have been for my third appointment with the accupuncturist this morning and I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I think it has eased a lot so lets hope. thanks for your reply.

kentom78 wrote:

jddavidson wrote:

Bobbi64 wrote:

kentom78 wrote:

Chronic sinusitis can last a long time, months or even years. That's good that you think yours has eased, you may still need to maintain regular hygiene such as irrigation. And again, I find that Sinox really helps a lot, so you might want to try that!

kentom78 wrote:jddavidson wroteBobbi64 wrote: I hope it works have you seen the ears nose and throat doctor yet?

kentom78 wrote: