I was diagnosed with a blocked left max sinus. Yesterday, a large amount of discolored mucus was draining down my throat; it had some blood in it. I was able to cough out this. Later that night, I lightly coughed some blood up .Doctor said my lungs are clear. I have nosebleeds almost every time I blow my nose.

Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus cavities. This inflammation could be due to an allergy, an infection, or ongoing exposure to an irritant. Symptoms can include a headache a stuffy nose, achy teeth, postnasal drip, cough, nosebleeds, and discolored or bloody nasal drainage. This inflammation can block sinus drainage and because increased mucus production, and bleeding that may mix with the mucus. The mucus may drain from the nose and sinuses down the back of the throat causing a postnasal drip that can be irritating to the throat, as the sinus infection clears. Drink plenty of water!