My Dad, 57, White, Is a heavy drinker. He has been since I can remember, Im 25 now. I have noticed in the morning after he has drank all night long. His face is VERY red and blotchy. He drinks every night, probably 5-6 days a week. I am nervous for him. My mom says he always has a headache, swollen feet. He has a colostmine bag (poop bag, sorry, spelling). His face doesn't get red and blotchy while drinking, only in the morning AFTER drinking.

Hello there,

I am very sorry to hear that your father is an alcoholic and that you had to grow up in that kind of environment. And it is even more unbelievable that you care about him since children of alcoholics are usually angry at them and they don’t want to do anything with them.

The symptoms you are describing are consequences of excessive drinking and of course that they appear only morning after when your father is hangover. Redness of the face and swelling and headache of course are most common signs of hangover.

There is nothing you can do except try to talk with him about quitting alcohol. You have mentioned that he is drinking 5-6 days a week so I presume that will be difficult conversation. Good luck.