Hi. I`m tired of my relationship. My boyfriend is an alcoholic. We have two kids, but we are not married. I am not sure what to do. I feel very depressed and my kids are suffering. However, I think it must be pretty hard growing up without a father. What to do?

Hi. I`m pretty tired of my relationship too. My husband is an alcoholic. He also takes drugs. I have tried to help him many times, but no use. At least we don`t have any children. I am thinking about divorce. However, I still love him. Nobody can tell you what to do. If you can`t live with somebody, you can`t. If you want to give him another chance, try and do so. You kids are already suffering. My husband and I fight all the time. He`s not violent, but I hate when we fight anyway.

I know how had it is to see some one you love hurting themselfs. I am 28 and my mother and father are both alcoholics. I also know that as much as you want to help them, they are the ones that have to help themselfs. In my personal opinion I think the kids would be better off with out having to see their father drunk. That don't mean they can not see him and have a relationship with him. I dont know how old your kids are but I, know that at a young age I didnt want to spend time with my parents when they were drinking. If anything having to be around them when they were drunk made me resent them. Sometimes the idea of their famley leaving helps the drinker. But you have to stick to your guns, maybe give him an altamadem, if you dont stop drinking we are going to leave. And mean it, if he is sober for a week and starts drinking again you have to go. Other wise its like a kid knowing they can get away with stealing candy. I hope this has helped you and I wish you the best.