For about 5 months I have been having dry eyelids and redness. Occasionaly I will wake up with puffiness too. I have been to the doctor who has said it is allergies and also to a dermatologist who agreed. However, with the dryness driving me crazy I went and saw a different doctor who prescribed Metrogel. He then just diagnosed me with roscacia(sp?). Just curious to know if roscacia affects the eyes? I was told no.

There is a disease called ocular roscacia. It leaves the "eyes" inflamed and feeling gritty. Google this term and you will find a lot of info, I'm sure. This must be so terrible. I sympathize with you. There must be adequate treatments for this problem. I am sure that you will find one that works for you. See an opthomologist as well and get your questions answered. I wish you well. Let us know when you find a successful treatment plan. I'm sure your experience will help others in our community.

Hi guys. Well, your condition can be very irritating because dryness drives you crazy. I know, believe me because I had to put up with it for quite a while. Roscacea is a very uncomfortable issue and I don't quite know any remedies that could relieve you of your pain. I would suggest you to see an ophthalmologist, not a doctor nor dermatologist, but an eye doctor for your puffy eyelid. That's what I did and ophthalmologist prescribed me some pills. Eventually, my issue passed on it's own so that is what I would do if I were you. Let us know how it went.