I've had this redness and dryness under my mouth for a few years now. It defiantly gets worse in the fall and winter months. Up until now I've been applying lotion as needed. It gets rid of the dry flaky skin but the redness is still there. Its a pretty deep red and it stands out. I also get similar dryness and redness on the crease around my nose. Heres a link to a picture with the affected areas circled.

OK i have the best solution.....Use Aveebo Positivley smooth or something among those lienes..Its about $8 and i have used it for almost a week and its been helping out with the flakey skin. I have used the Cortazone Cream on the areas when my skin is wet after a shower or somthing its helping out with the rednesh ive been seeing imporvemeny......TRY IT :) let me know if it doies you good