OK, anyone else got this problem?

It's pretty freezing where I live right now, and ever since temps dropped, my cheeks are red as hell. My foundation is full coverage but I can still see the redness even with that, not to mention my skin is dry as well but that's perhaps another story for another topic. It's not just when I'm outside either, it's all the time. 

So my question is, is there anything I can do to overcome winter redness on my cheeks, and I don't mean suggest a better foundation (mine is pretty good) but actually make the redness go away? 

TIA :)

You need to get a green colour corrector, green counteracts red, apply the geeen corrector where you are red then apply your foundation as normal, if your looking for high coverage Estée Lauder double wear is very good!

I don't have a clue to be honest. I have red cheeks all year round, not just in winter. I clean my face, I hydrate my face, I even give myself a face mask now and again, but the redness is always there. I think it is genetic and/or related to getting older. I used to look like a corpse. The redness appeared about 10 years ago. I find it actually gets worse with makeup, afterwards I mean, because the makeup kind of irritates the skin I guess, but still, makeup is the only way to make it seems like it isn't there.

Celebrity

Hey,

One thing I have had some luck with is using cucumber slices on my cheek area daily. This somehow helps. I read about that somewhere and then started doing it, so don't ask me how the science behind it works, but my cheeks really do become less red when I use cucumber slices. Just plain old ice cubes also work!

However, you may want to consider that red cheeks are more than a cosmetic issue. For instance, I have high blood pressure and found out that my red cheeks might be caused by this. If you are not yet aware of a potential underlying cause, a visit with your family doctor may be a good idea. 

Rosie

So, this is a problem you have only in winter, and not when the weather is warmer? I'd primarily seek answers in your skincare regimen in this case, as well as in general hydration and keeping warm. I've heard it said that applying moisturizer to a wet face and then leaving it to dry really helps. and I'd also be on the lookout for a heavy duty moisturizer with hyaluronic acid at this point. Just plain coconut oil should also be quite helpful. 

In addition to that, try to get a humidifier. Dry indoor air can wreak havoc on your skin in general, in all sorts of unpleasant ways. 

This seems like a job for the pros to me. If I had horrendously red cheeks I'd do one of two things and perhaps actually two things. They're booking a visit with my GP and seeing a beautician about what can be done about these red cheeks, like a nice cleansing facial, or that electrofacial thing, or something like that. Beauticians can see exactly what your skin looks like plus know what to do about that or when they can't do anything they'll also recommend you see a doc about it. These are all things that peeps on the web can't help you with at least unless you post a pic which ain't possible here I think. 

Such skin rashes may also be the result of periods of high anxiety. They are not always caused by environmental factors. If you have never had red cheeks in winter before, lasting and not just when you come in from the cold I mean, I would ask myself, am I very stressed right now?

The only other thing I can think of that definitely causes red cheeks is going through the menopause. You have hot flashes and all that. Menopause can happen to younger women as well, so perhaps look up if you have any of the other symptoms as well.

Another condition you may want to consider is rosacea. It comes in several subtypes, but typical signs and symptoms include:

• Severe and chronic facial redness, especially around the cheeks. 
  • Swollen, red and often pus-filled bumps. 
  • Eye dryness and related eye symptoms. 
  • Thickened skin around the nose. 

Should any of that sound familiar to you, apart from the red cheeks, I would encourage you to look for more information on the internet. If you have any questions, you can let me know (I have rosacea myself). Extreme temperatures can certainly causes a flare up so don't think you don't have it if your red cheeks have presented mainly in winter thus far. 

Red cheeks, common as they are, can be caused by a WIDE variety of different things! But in many cases it's also really just temperature changes that are responsible, and it sounds like that may be the case with the OP as well. There's things you can do to overcome that winter redness. If it's cold that causes your red cheeks, heat up. If it's heat, cool down. I've heard that regular exercise also helps, for some reason or another. Can't hurt to try - it's good for you anyway.

If your red cheeks are so red that even the best (and best applied) concealer and foundation don't cover them up though, I imagine it's time to see a doctor. Good luck!

I have never been diagnosed but I have read about this a lot because I have it.

You cannot actually be allergic to perfume, but you can have a sensitivity that manifests as the same symptoms, sneezing, stuffy nose, watery eyes, and so on. I get headache, breathing difficulty, skin rash... I was also diagnosed with asthma as a young teen when I had an attack which was relieved by salbutamol, but the symptoms since lessened, and I even smoked for close to 7 years with no issues. (Bad I know.) Now I think either I was misdiagnosed or I have grown out of it, but I still get allergy symptoms in relation to pollen, and also the bad reactions to fragranced products.

Yes you can not use them yourself, but others will and there is nothing you can do about it. It stinks.