Hello, and thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice. I woke up this morning, and my scrotum was covered in a thick shiny coat of what appears to be dead skin. It was slightly sore to the touch, and felt like it was cracking (like chapped lips) The skin was unusually dry, and seemed to have very little elasticity. if i stretched the skin, it would form and stay in the position i stretched it to. I put a wet rag on my scrotum, and thoroughly wiped the area, and for a few minutes it seemed my skin was back to normal. but within 5 minutes of removing the rag, it was all dry, and cracking again. It's been several hours, and now my whole scrotum is flaking. my scrotum skin is shiny and peeling off in large portions. I dont know what to think about it, considering everything was normal last night, I havent changed anything about my daily life. the skin looks like, when you were a kid, if you ever put glue on your hand and rubbed it in and let it dry, then you peel it off... it looks just like that lol. Anyways, i dont know what to think, if i should go to the doctor or not? I dont want to go to the doctor and waste the time and money for him to say "its nothing dont worry about it" So if anyone has had similar problems and has a bit of insight as to what i should do i would greatly GREATLY appreciate it, as this is rather annoying and uncomfortable. Thank you!

Hello mate,

This might not be the most helpful reply, but this morning I had exactly the same problem. Everything you described is exactly how I have found things. After I had a shower I thought things would go back to normal and they haven't. Now I have a more or less completely red scrotum which is flaking, though it isn't actually painful.

However, initial searches on the internet suggest that it is an STD or VD or whatever, but that really can't be if we have the same thing as I don't mind admitting I haven't had sex for 6 months - so I fail to see how it can be sexually transmitted. Seems to me it could be an irritating rash at best or something like over-chaffing or over-dampening. Been working out in the gym 24-7 and they could just be nackered because of it. Anyways if you have any more insights or if anyone else has anything to add or suggest I would also be very much obliged.

hey, i have the same thing. had it a little yesterday but it's a bit worse now. My scrotum looks a bit shiny but it's only one one side. It's starting to peel a bit near my shaft but it doesn't hurt at all. I know it isn't an std as i am a virgin. i've had no sexual contact with any lately either. The onlt thing i can think of is that i was weeding the garden the other day and i can remember scratching my balls. maybe it's some kind of reaction. have either of you guys been doing anything of the like? many thanks

Hey guys, I had the same thing happen to me on a cruise a few years ago. This is probably more info then you want to hear but for me it came from shaving my balls right before the trip and sitting in salt water(ocean) for a good part of a week. The salt water entered my body through ingrown hairs and caused an infection. It was the same as the original poster said. It was flaky skin almost like a really bad sunburn. I'd wash them off good and they'd flake back up. They also puffed up in size. After searching the internet I found the solution. Shave the flaky skin off with a razor. It doesn't hurt a all but kind of a weird feeling. Then when your done take a tooth brush with soap and water and scrub the heck out of the area. It might come back a little, but not nearly as bad, in a few days to a week, simply do the scrubbing part again. Also I found that the bathing suit I was wearing still had the bacteria in it after several washes. I just threw it out. And of course don't forget to buy a new tooth brush. :-P

It's been over 2 years now and I haven't had any other outbreaks like that.

I just found the same thing as was described by the rest of the guys here. The only thing I can imagine it came from was shaving. I shaved several days ago, then the skin got a bit rough and almost scaly, and then today it just started flaking off. I suppose it must be from shaving, I can't imagine anything else...

It sounds to me like it could be from shaving although if it continues to flake after a couple days, it may actually be something like a fungal infection in which case you'll need an antifungal agent. Have you considered that at all?

well im 13 and i have it... i havent shaved and ive been living normaly. the only thing i can think it could be is wen i was masterbaiting i used some hand lotion for more pleasure.....

I have the same thing dry, itchy (what looks like dead skin) on my balls, i know it cant be an STI and i havent shaved my balls either. The only thing i can think it can be is the other day i masterbated with shower gel as i have no lube, i have also being masterbating a hell of a lot recently and for long periods of time. Could this be the reason, anyone relate?? :/

USE ALOE GELS... it will heal your skin in a few weeks. u can get it from walmart or any drug store in the lotion section.. I used to have ths problem for 5 years. Its all cleared up now.

I had something similar, and although it doesn't peel anymore, it's left the skin raw. I'm interested in knowing more about whether to try the Aloe Vera Gel which the person above mentioned. If he or anyone else can advise whether this is a good idea or not? I don't want to make things worse again, but it doesn't seem to be getting better on its own. Have been using a steroid cream for the last 6 months which has helped a bit.

You all have the symptoms of either a male genitalia Yeast Infection, or Eczema of the scrotum. See a doctor or dermatologist for treatment.

for the last 6 yrs i have been tormented by this horrible problem..were the skin drys up, then peel/flakes off...and is left raw...and then the process continues....it is also bright red...all over the scrotum...and anus....this sucks i wanna know what the F is going on...this is driveing me crazy....i suspect it is from the long term over use of moderate strength topical steroid :-(....

u may not take my word for it but this happened to me 2 times before i really think its from leaving soap or body was on your scrotum. my reason why is because i was being rushed in the shower so i barley rinsed off and i think soap stuck to my scrotum. im 13 btw so its no std the way i cared my was by peeling the skin off i know it hurts like hell but after most of it is off i put vaseline on it it was a 4 day process for me to be back to normal gl.

I am just so glad I am not the only guy with this problem. I am 14 and have had this wierd thing for about half a year now. I just want to know if this infection has any nasty effects on a guys body/penis because I dont realy see the big problem with it at the moment, I just get it... peel it off... and then carry on. is there any reason I should not just do this if it is temp?

i have all the symptoms that were metioned i hate to admit it but i used hand soap to masterbate and it fits what other people say and thanks i was pretty scared