Good evening all. I have had this problem for several years and it seems to have become quite worse. My face is red, like a strawberry. It happens on my cheeks the side of my face below the sideburns, on the chin and right in the center of by eye brows. It is not just a normal red, and the skin in these areas is so dry it appears chapped or chafed. Regardless of the amount of lotion and type I apply everyday, it just keeps getting worse. This morning I awoke and looked in the mirror and the skin on my face front, on the side of my nose and chin was flaking skin so severely, and no amount of lotio cured it. I literally had to rub the dry skin off with a dry rag. After this my face was even more red. I have heard of roseca and think I may have this, but this is severe. It comes and goes sometimes far worse than other times. I was wondering if some sort of vitamin supplement could help for this skin dryness. My skin is not dry anywhere else on my bosy except for my face, it has become quite embarassing to say the least. I always get asked the question why is your face so red..? Are you ok, you don't look that good..? I am on several meds, 12 to be exact. I had this even before being on meds. So I am not associating it with the meds. One med that does seem to make it worse is Niaspan 1000mg. Any correlation you think..? My doctor is a great doc, but he seems to overlook this concern about my skin when I mention it, he is more concerned with my pancrease, and that is fine, but what the heck is going on with my red red face and chapped flaky skin..? It happens all year round so it's not the seasons, nor the heat or severe cold. I do sleep with a fan blowing on my face, is this drying out even worse. Answers sure would be great, I am seeking to hear from someone with a similar problem or a professional opinion, however I enjoy hearing everyone's input! :$ :$ >;)

I have the same problem just under the chin and it's been about a year. A nurse practitioner recommended a light steroid, which got rid of the flakiness, but left the redness. I went to my physician who said that any amount of steroid was bad for the face to begin with (a load of help between the doctors, right?!!). Now I'm just letting the rash be, and applying a light antibiotic twice a day, but it just gets rid of some of the irritation and the flakiness too, without removing the redness.

I would definitely see a dermatologist to get to the bottom of it. That's what I'm going to do! Good luck to you.

Timothy46952

I had dandruff like flaking that started around my ears. I assumed a burn from putting on my sunglasses. Condition spread to my ears, face, sideburns and lower legs. Large flakes and scabbing occurred with redness beneath scabs or flaked skin. I tried many things including apple cider vinegar, lotions, Vitamin E and Avon's Skin so Soft which gave relief for a few hours. Then I tried betamethasone dipropionate cream. Condition is healed after 2 days.

Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness and pimples on your nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead. The redness may come and go. People sometimes call rosacea "adult acne" because it can cause outbreaks that look like acne. It can also cause burning and soreness in the eyes and eyelids. Rosacea can be embarrassing. And if it is untreated, it can get worse. If the symptoms bother you, see your doctor and learn ways to control rosacea.

Some symptoms of rosacea include: Dry, red, irritated eyes. The eyelids may look red and swollen, and vision may be blurry. If it is not treated, rosacea can cause serious eye problems; a flushed face and pimples or bumps on or around the cheeks, nose, mouth, and forehead. Sometimes the flushing or redness can last for days.

Antibiotic creams or pills may be used to treat redness and pimples. Antibiotic pills may also help treat eye problems. Women who are pregnant should not use some antibiotic creams or pills. If you use antibiotics, be patient-it can take a month or two before you start to see improvement.

i am 40 and i woke up 1 day with a bright red face and it really sore and and i have flaky skin it is on my forhead and my face and i have really sensitve skin.what do you reconmend that i can use on my skin.because if i put anything on it which has perfumes in it stings really bad.never had this condition before.

I found it useful to use vitamin E oil on my skin. two times a week I apply it to my skin and leave it overnight, wake up in the morning and only use a rag and water to wash it. if you use soap, it will just dry out faster.

I have a question for you...have you ever taken accutane for a period of time?  I did when I was in my early twenties and I think that is how my skin got so dry, red and flaky.  I think it destroys oil production in our bodies.  Bad stuff!!!

First, let's start with the dry skin - take fish oil orally...start with 2 a day...try to find a fish oil with Omega's 3-6-9.  Then since you are a male..I'm assuming you don't wear makeup, so if this is the case...only wash your face with water...not hot..  lukewarm is ok and try to stay on the cooler side.    Now, if you are still flaky after 2 weeks of following the above  continue to follow the above but increase the fish oil to 3 capsules a day.... (capsules should be 800mg to 1200mg)  but also add Acure Eye Cream lighly after washing your face with just water on flaky dry spots.  I have your same problem and since I've been doing the above it's pretty much gone.  I also take a flaxseed oil capsule one a day and a B-Complex (capsule not tablet everyday)    I hope this helps you.   I understand what you deal with and it isn't fun.   

I have had ezema since I was five. now that I'm an adult it mainly only effects my face. The pro topic ointment the dermatoligist gave me only makes it worse.  I will put a nice pack on it to cool the burning and then coat it with a light layir of Vaseline. then when it gets moist enough I rub the dead skin off. A&D ointment also helps. I drink lots of water so most of the time that's not the problem. I use cetaphil to clean my face. Actually meaningful beauty is mainly natural stuff in their cleanser so this helps as well. I was on a low dose anxiety medication when my dad died of cancer. After the grieving process I came off and the eczema came back again so I went back on it which has kept me from having to go get steroid shots and a prednisone pack. Don't ask why but it helps. It's the genetic of celexa. Also getting adjusted regularly from my upper cervical chiropractor helps. The main thing though is watch what kind of products even sunscreens you apply to your face. The gentler and more natural the product the better and remember stress makes everything worse. 

Where do I find the cream

What anxiety med are you on? I just stopped taking prednisone and my eczema got worse just the original post it's my face but a little different more chapped red and inflamed

Try neem or calendula