A friend of mine just took a reiki course - she wants to become a reiki master eventually, and there are many levels till she gets THERE; this one was called reiki 1, I think. Well, she tried the "treatment" on my back. I have had spinal issues for years. She held her hands over me and I had to close my eyes and all. She asked me what I thought. I told her it felt good, but I now know reiki is obviously just another placebo hoax. My spine isn't better at all.

Didn't you tell your friend your opinion? All things considered I think you were very polite. My sister has been into that stuff for years now and is always asking my parents for money for courses, and the worst thing is that they give it to her. That stuff is expensive! It is most definitely healing to the organizers of those events though, financially.

I have attained my Reiki III attunement and can honestly say it has done wonders for my health. It has detoxed me to the point that I crave healthy foods, no longer smoke and have no thirst to consume any kind of hard liquor.  I also have given up my 15 year pot addiction. Yes, I lived an intoxicated life and enjoyed numbing myself to the point where I couldn't even see how bad it was. When I began the reiki classes, I was told this may happen. But you see, I did not even think I had a problem and this would not affect me in that way. But it did and now when I am around those past addictions I get sick to my stomach and can feel & see how toxic they are, to the point all I want to do is turn away, to get some fresh air. 

Besides the service of my detox, Reiki has cleared my emotional body to where I can feel the healing in profound ways. I lost my husband and in a car accident and have gone through allot of emotional pain. Reiki and energy work in general has helped me clear those fields to where I can heal my emotional body and not become bitter over my great loss. I work with reiki energy everyday, since I have found more healing in it's work than anything else I have came across. 

Anyone who thinks it's just a placebo affect has not given enough time to Reiki. 

my brother is a reiki master and guess what he is still addicted to drugs, can you imagine, he claims to help others but he cant help himself, why? because reiki is BS.