I went to some reiki classes and I am very interested in learning more about it. My instructor has the highest reiki degree and I would like to train to get it myself. He told me that there are few levels of reiki knowledge. Could someone explain them to me? Which level is needed to become an instructor?

There are 3 levels of reiki knowledge and the third level has another 3 levels, 3A, 3B and 3C. First level is a basic one and it requires purification before attenuation. Person on this level should be able to heal itself and maybe even others. Second level is more powerful than level 1. It means emotional healing, not only physical like level 1. And the third level is a teaching level.

There are reiki academies where you can master your reiki knowledge. You start as level one when you learn basic principles of mediation and purification. You have to be level 3 if you want to teach. Third level of reiki degree should be taken few years after the second one to make sure that you are clean both emotionally and physically.