Hi, I heard many things about Reiki healing technique lately. My neighbor told me he is on Reiki treatment for some time and that he feels much better than he felt before. He also said he feels like he has more energy and that his vitality is brought back to him.
But most interesting thing which he mentioned while we were taking was Reiki symbols. Also he told me that these symbols are written over his body so I wondered if this is some joke or it is really part of Reiki therapy.

Hi, I may tell you what I have seen while I was in Japan for 4 years working for my company. Reiki technique uses some symbols which have different meanings in therapy. I suppose you know that main Reiki’s goal is to revitalize person’s energy. Reiki symbols are focusing your attention in order to focus revitalizing energy. As much as I know there are 5 symbols.
"The power symbol" - It draws Energy from around you and it focuses it where you want to.
"The Mental/Emotional Symbo" - It is used primary for mental/emotional healing and calming the mind.
"The Distance Symbol" - it is used to send Reiki energy over distance and time.
"The Balancing Factor" - it is used to balance energy and to reduce pain.
"The Master Symbol" - It can be used only by Reiki Masters. This symbol is used to heal the soul. Since it deals with the soul and our spiritual self it heals disease and illness from the original source in human energy field.

What the practitioner was doing was harmonizing with the Symbols which has different vibrations. If the practitioner was correctly attuned and their vibration was correctly sealed then Harmonising was not in the 1st instance was not needed. Harmonising is simular to people using a crutch or a walking Stick when they really don't need it or the attunement was not effective. It is no joke. Used as a part of the therapy is effective.