Hi, I am very interested in reiki. I would like to know where it comes from and what its purpose is. Who are these reiki practitioners? Where do they learn to heal? Can you also tell me what their practice consists of? Is reiki a religion or a branch of alternative medicine?

Hello, reiki is Japanese form of spiritual healing. It is primerly used to help with relaxation and stress relife, but many say that this energy can also heal. Reiki practitioners are everyday people who took reiki cuorses and started to live acordingly to the reiki philosophy. Reiki practitioners heal by channeling life force energy through their hands from its source onto the reciever. Because they say that the source of this energy is God, and because they have certain rules by which they live their lives it can be said that reiki is some kind of religion. The reiki practitioners strongly deny this.