Hi, my sister has been going to reiki treatments and she can’t stop talking about it. She is going on and on about the beneficial effects of this life force energy therapy. She also believes that reiki has improved her general health. Can you tell me something about this universal life force energy? Does it really exist?

Hello, you have asked a very complex question over which many people debate. For those who practice and believe in reiki this “universal life force energy” does exist. They believe that it can be channeled trough the reiki practitioner onto the receiver. This energy is described as a wonderful glowing radiance that the receiver feels all around him or her. The patients feel the same effects of the reiki treatment as your sister. On the other hand there are some scientists and doctors who strongly dispute the existence of reiki energy and the benefits those patients have from this kind of treatment. Studies have been done to show that the reiki therapy offers nothing more than a placebo effect. I hope that now you can decide on your on whether reiki energy is real or just a trick.