Hi everybody. I’ve recently been diagnosed with Renal osteodystrophy. I’m really having trouble with it and don’t know what to do. Even my doc can’t give me the appropriate treatment. Is there anybody here who has knowledge of some successful treatment for this disease?? I would really appreciate any comments.. Thanks a lot.

There are several treatment strategies you could try, even though it is not guaranteed that any of them will produce good result and completely cure you. But, every one I will mention should make you feel and work better. First of all, as it is bone disease, you should keep phosphate below 5.5 mg/dL and you can do that by dietary phosphate restriction, calcium acetate with meals to "bind" phosphate and, finally, as last resort, aluminum hydroxide. Then, you should keep serum calcium in normal range and control PHT (with calcium supplements, vitamin-D metabolites or Calcitriol). I hope this helps.