I need some information about renal kidney failure in acute pancreatitis. My grandpa has acute pancreatitis and now he got renal kidney failure. Is it common? I don’t know what to think? Do I have a reason to worry or not? Please, somebody who knows something more about this, share with me. Thanks!

Renal failure is a grave complication of acute pancreatitis. It is often held to be due to a fall in blood pressure and in circulating blood volume. Prevention of acute renal failure in pancreatitis must rely on scrupulous attention to fluid balance and hydration throughout the course of the disease.

I am so sorry to hear that your grandfather was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis and renal kidney failure. Since the renal kidney failure is complication to the acute pancreatitis I hope that the treatment (which usually includes dialysis) was successful and that you don’t need to worry anymore.

Now, my uncle, he is my favorite uncle by the way, was diagnosed with the same condition few days ago and since you have wrote this post over year ago I was wondering if you could give me some answers.

First of all, should I be worried and if I should what is the prognosis?

Thank you very much if you answer my question and I hope your grandfather is fine.