Good day folks.

Three days ago, it was my birthday. I always wanted to have a cat, and I don’t know why I haven’t get one :/ Pretty funny.

So, for my birthday, my brother and his wife bought a cat for me.

It is Scottish Fold cat. Guys, she is so sweet, she has a great temper, and she is so intelligent. I feel in love with her.

I took her to the vet, just to check her and to make some vaccination schedule.

He told me that my cat is in the end stage of acute renal failures in cats.  

I have no idea what this means. I didn’t ask him at all :/

Can you help me? 

Hello. There are always some similar problems with pet owners, especially when they are new. I have to say that I notice that a lot of pet owners go to their vets, and after vets explain them what is going on, they are afraid (maybe) to ask what this disease or problem means. Why? Are you afraid that you going to be silly? No, you are a new pet owner, and you can’t know a lot about this. The end stages of acute renal failure in cats is a result in complete inability of the kidneys to function. Cat’s system is septic, in this case. Did you noteice any symptoms? It is very serious! 

Hey there.

I have to say that I totally agree with Dog Whisperer. It is not a shame to ask something that you DON’T KNOW. And, it is obviously – you don’t have a lot of experience, and you don’t know almost anything about this.

I am really sorry to say this, but I think that this is very hard and complicated issue. I think that this cat is seriously sick :/

There is a treatment, of course, but you should take your cat to the vet again. The option is renal transplantation as one way of the treatment.

But, consulting with your vet is something that you must do. 

Hi everyone, I’m sad that I’m even writing this post but if it helps, I’m glad.

My cat is going through the last days of her life since her kidneys are failing and she is in the final stage now. She seems so skinny like we aren’t feeding her at all. She lost a lot of weight, even thought she used to be my little fatty. Her fur lost its glow and she barely has any appetite. She vomits a lot and she drinks too much water. She urinates a lot and I think she has constipation because I haven’t seen her stool in two days now.

All I can do is just be there for her in her last days and it really hurts to see her like this.

Hi

I can’t tell you how sorry I am for your cat. I know how you feel. Acute renal failure is a very complicated disease and the worst of all- it is not curable. :(

I understand how taught is for you to watch your cat fighting with the disease and knowing you can’t do absolutely nothing.

There isn’t a lot of things that you can do if your cat came to this stage. You can put her on a low protein and electrolyte-enhanced diet. Also (this is maybe the most important thing), you should support and love her as much as you can in order to provide her with a comfort she deserves.

Hey there.

I am really sorry when I hear that there are so sad cases. It must be really hard :(

Acute renal failure is really big problem, and it can be really serious.

I am really sorry to tell you this, but I am pretty sure that you can’t do a lot of things about your cat in this stage of the disease.

I can’t tell you how sorry I am because you haven’t found about this disease in time. I just hope that she is not in pain, and that she will quality life..

I am sorry, really sorry! 

Hi everyone, I feel sorry for owners who have to deal with this disease, and for their cats, too. Basically, if you are sure that your cat is in the final stage of acute renal failure, there is not much you can do. Just try to be with your cat through her final hours. There were some cases in which cats didn't die and they lived pretty long, but the chances for that are pretty small. If you don't want your cat to suffer, you can always euthanize her, but if you choose that option, make sure that you did everything you could to help your cat.

Hello there.

This makes me really sad, because I had this situation with my cat.
I don’t know exactly what your vet told you about this cat, but I think that there is nothing that you can do.
I just hope that she is not in the pain, because my cat was in huge pains, and I just couldn’t stand watching her.
It is my fault, and please, don’t get me wrong, but I think that this is your fault as well.
It is something that you need to check all the time.
Chances for her to be better are really small.
I am really, really sorry!