For the past year or so, I've had these hard, red bumps occasionaly appear on my vagina. In the past, they have come one at a time, possibly (but rarely) two at a time. I just recently self-diagnosed a yeast infection after taking antibiotics and used Monistat-1 which I read up on AFTER I used it (way to go, right?) and found many a post saying how horrible it is and how many people had terrible reactions to it. Over the past two days, the entire fold of my labia majora has been covered with these hard, painful bumps. They aren't really visible when I look in a mirror at them, they don't have a white head, and I don't shave or wax the area, I trim it down to a shorter length, so I'm doubting it's an ingrown hair. I have looked up SO many things looking for what they could be because, like I said, I've had them in the past, but nothing really seems to match all my symptoms. I am a hypochondriac so, of couse, I'm fearing the worst in assuming these are some kind of STD seeing as they come and go and then when I had an infection down there, they really flared up. I've never had intercourse, but I have given and received oral sex.

I'm 18 years old, an only child, and my mother and I have never really been candid enough with each other for me to ask her about this -- ESPECIALLY if it's an STD. When I talk to my friends about it and ask for the phone number to the free clinic they go to for birth control, they laugh at me, call me a hypochondriac and say there's no way I have an STD because I'm a virgin, but I know that's extremely backwards thinking.

I'm totally freaking out and I really need some help.

I am in the exact same boat. i wish somebody would reply.
I am also 18 and a virgin. I have not had any oral sex or intercourse of any type and so I am very confused.
I'm a hypochondriac as well and that was the first thing that came to mind.
I'm freaking out too!!
If you hear of anything post back.

I know its odd, and i get them too. It a bit like a pea sized ball under the skin. I've never had it be painful or red though to be clear. I'm not sure what they are but I've discovered that if i gently massage them applying light pressure it gets smaller and smaller till it goes away after about 10 minutes. See if it works for you, if they look like an infection, soreness or being red, get it checked out. If they massage out my assumption is that its not a big deal.

ALWAYS get checked. Herpes can be transmitted through oral sex.nI got it at 17 and am now 38. Never assume you know.n Use the phonebook, find a clinic and ask a doctor.