I'm 17 years old and I've never been sexually active. When I was younger (maybe 10 or 11) I would get painful lumps on my armpits. They were hard and red, and never had a head or anything of that sort. They would just appear and fade away. My doctor at the time told me not to worry about it, that it was probably irritation because of shaving/deoderant/hair/sweat etc. Ever since I was maybe 14 I noticed them appearing on my genitals every once in a while as well. The most I've ever had at once was 2. Exactly the same as under my arms but I'm still worried. Is this some sort of STD?

I'm 15 and I've also never been sexually active. When I was younger, I never had any genital lumps or sores, but recently I see some scattered bumps on my external genital where my shaving site is but they also don't have heads and aren't big at all. I also have (much less of them) some under my arms (pits) where I shave as well. I'm wondering if it's just razor burn or if it could be herpes. This is the first time I'm seeing them on my genitals though, and I've seen them before on my underarms prior to the ones on my external genital. If it goes away completely on my genital, could it still be herpes?

Okay lets get some things straight about herpes first.

Herpes can be transmitted through skin to skin contact of any kind. This includes oral sex as well as vaginal and anal sex. Also, dry humping without a condom etc can cause transmission too. Often oral sex transmits herpes because cold sores (the herpes virus) on your mouth are transmitted to the genitals.

Sores on your genitals that are painful need to be looked at by a medical professional. There is no reason that you should suffer in pain.

If you have not had ANY type of sex AT ALL then there is no chance that it is genital herpes.

Good Luck.

It might be a staph infection. this website i found helped me out alot too http://kidshealth.org/teen/infections/bacterial_viral/staph.html. To get to the next page the numbers are at the bottom...there kinda hard to see, but the next two pages give examples on the different kinds of staph infections. You should read them and see which type u have if u have a one.

Even though its a kids webpage, its still stating the facts, and it tells u what u can do about it.

Hope this helped!!!! :-D

Your never too young to get tested. You should be honest with your parents and let them know your problem. explain to them you sexual past or lack there of and tell them you are worried about what you could have. Or if your uncomfortable telling the old parental units, just tell them you want to go in for a check up and ask the doctor when you go.