Never used this site before, im hoping someone can help me. For 7 weeks now I have had the symtpons of balanitis. I have had a slightly reddish ring around the tip of my penis, around the foreskin, not the head of the penis itself. the redness becomes more intense after sex or masturbation and can return to normal if i obstain from any activity for a few days. I have seen 4 doctors, the first 3 telling me it was balanitis and issuing various creams that didn't work, the last, a gu doctor, diagnosed that there was nothing wrong, and was merely a dermatological reaction, but im not convinced, has anyone has anything like this?

The weird thing is I have the same problem, its like a red ring on my foreskin and its making me crazy, it was also hurting while I was urinating but that has subsided. What could it be?

I think I've had the same symptoms that you have discribed with the same circumstances. Redness and irritation after sex/masturbation which seems to subside when I abstain.

I've seen 2 doctors questioning them as to whether or not this was herpes and both claimed it was just a skin inflammation. I've seen a dermatologist who issued a steriod cream which seemed to help a little bit ... until I became active again. I am wondering if it is some sort of yeast infection as there is a bit of an odor sometimes when I'm washing myself, so that might be my next option.

Any other input would be helpful.

I've had the same problem for a month and a half now. I've been to 3 doctor's and a urologist who all say its some type of skin irritation and told me to put creams on it. However, they only see it when the redness and irritation has faded away. It just comes right back after sex or masturbation... Help me out here... I'm at my wits end.

I've been researching a similar problem and hearing the same thing from more than one guy. It won't go away, and subsides a lot but not completely if treated by lamisil (terbinafine) cream.

At the same time I developed a urethritis that spread into epididymitis. It's NOT an STD (haven't had sex recently). A 10 day combination of doxycyline and cipro (100mg doxy, 2 times/day, 500mg cipro, 2 times/day) made the swollen/epididymitis decrease substantially, but it came back a couple days after ceasing treatment. The red in the urethra did NOT dissappate at all. The red foreskin had gotten very bad since I had quit treating with clotiminazole (common yeast infection treatment), but diminished to almost gone with the lamisil.

However, neither has completely gone away. Now treating with more lamisil and doxy and cipro.

By the way, the foreskin had the problem.. and the problem was transfered to the head/glans by contact when not retracted. Keeping the foreskin retracted and treating with the lamisil (foreskin and glans) made the problem/rash that was transfered to the glans go away.

Sadly I do not yet have a "cure" answer. A lengthy treatment of lamisil might eventually make it go away. I'm up to about 20 days and it's not completely gone. Close, but not complete, and it now is static.

i have had the same problem. swelling just beneith the head of the penis. painful during and after sex. my girlfriend and i have been togehter for 4 months and both are STD free. we have alot of sex (usually 10 times per weekend). we didnt have sex for a month hoping it would go away. nothing seems to work (creams, antibiotics). does anyone have any advice???

I Have The Some Its All Red Around My Hole It Gets Sore After Sex And When I Go For a Pee Now Am Realsin My Sprems Coming Out Yellow On My White Boxers Am Only 17 Buh Hav Slept With A Few Buh 2 Shy 2 Go Get Checked Help Please

same problem here. redness around teh base of my bell end and beneath. it comes and gos but is pretty tender when it's there. seen doctor twice and been GUM so am STD free.

Yeah i have the same read ring around the tip and its also leads up around the hole. If I masturbate it seems to get red but then dies down after a few mins. I have no info on it either, I guess the best bet is to stick with the doctors advice.

dont worry i have had exactly the same thing i visited 3 doctors over about a month they all proscribed some cream, didnt do much at all tbh they all said go and get checked out so i did the first time and i was clear. then the last doctor asked about showering and baths and what i use for shower gel. i used to shower 3 times a day using normal bar of soap and lynx shower gel. i cut the soap out and used only lynx which changed nuthing so i cut the lynx and used radox and i now try and shower twice a day. this cleared mine up straight away after a week of not using soap and lynx shower gel because it didnt happen after sex or mastabation hope this helps. but always consult ur doctor and get checked just to be safe ;-):-)

i think i have the same thing, its like a red ring right around the foreskin when pulled back, i had had sex every way i could think of with this chick and then a few days later i think i had blantitis or whatever it is and the doctor prescribed antifungle cream which i have been using for 1 1/2 weeks, i didnt have the redness like i do now, it seems like its come after using the antifungle cream , hopefully its not a big problem , ill keep using the cream and go back to the doctor if the redness doesnt go away in a week or so. there is no pain really , just dryness and redness, well more orange/red. i have been worrying about it for the past 2 days that iv actually been paying much attention, before that i just figured its probably the cream . i think ill definitely wear a condom when she comes over in a couple of days to prevent fricktion, i guess ill have to pass on getting head though which sux, anyway i just hope i have nothing to worry about :-) because right now im like freaking and its almost christmas and i so dont need to feel like c**p right now

Most of you have a yeast infection. I am diabetic and even controlling my carb intake, it still comes and goes. I have tried drinking a swig vinegar before meals and that did help a lot in keeping the yeast infection at bay. Having the yeast infection is what made me finally figure out I had diabetes and very high blood sugar, which for males, yeast infections thrive on. This has been going on for 6 years, and I have my sugar under control, but sometimes, like today the red ring around my foreskin has returned. Unfortunately for me, I am unable to totally rid myself of this yeast infection, even with a controlled blood sugar level. Spray lamisil works best for this, sometimes only the cream lamisil is useful. I would try the spray as it does tend to work.

Get the chop lads, happy days! No more redness! Circumcision is the way to go- clean and easy and no more worries :-) Bye bye red foreskin and hello sex life!

It never occurred tome that this very same problem could be connected to diabetes. I was diagnosed about 8 years ago Type 1 diabetic, now using an insulin pump, and whilst my blood glucose levels are much better, they are still higher than I would like.

Seems like another incentive to get my diabetes under control, and rid myself of the ring.

i have also had this problem and a friend(female) also we discussed it and realized that it was lynx shower gel don't use it!

york, england