my right testicle hurts, at first when i was younger i didnt know any difference but it had been pulled up to my lower stomach because it had been damaged? the only thing i can think of that damaged it was jumping to a fireman pole when i was realy young. but it is still there, i can push it down but not all the way down into the sack. and it hurts when i even lightly touch it and i think it is smaller than my left testicle, but i cannot tell. i damaged it when i was 6 - 8 or something and now im 15 almost 16. its not getting worse i just notice it now and it hurts if i do sit ups.
i know that it gets pulled into the lower stomach to repair, but i dont think it would have taken 6 years to repair.
im not sure if i crushed it or poped it when i was younger because im sure it feels smaller than my other. and it was the most painfull experience ive ever had.

It is common for both testicles to be different sized so don't worry about that.

It doesn't really get pulled into the stomach to repair, it's more of a response to stimuli, usually temperature. Some males do have testicles that don't descend, they are usually in the abdomen at birth.

The pain, if it has been going on now for 9 years, should be investigated. Have you seen a doctor?

I do think some testicle pain, during puberty, is fairly common. I know my son complains once in a while (he's 17) and I remember having pains sometimes too.

Check with your doctor. A urologist would be preferred as this is their area of expertise.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have any more concerns/questions. Please keep us posted as to how you're doing. Good luck

thanks alot, i might just leave it a year or so and see if it gets better or worse, quite imbarrasing talking to my parents about it so ill give it a little bit more time first. because its only resently i started to notice it.
thanks for the advice :-)

I know it's embarrassing to ask your parents but they'd rather know than let you worry about it.

Have you done a testicular self exam? If you are going to wait, then you really should check things out, just in case. Especially if you just noticed the pain. I thought you'd had it for a while.

Any time on the advice. We're all here to help.

I dont know what a testicular self exam is but id try it, and its not a constant pain its just if pressure is aplied, but even if its only a little bit of pressure. and the pain goes instantly as i take the pressure off. i read other things like this on the internet, one of them was that if you damage a testicle enough it can cause testicular cancer and cause pain, but wouldnt it have effected me by now if it was testicular cancer?
if you could tell me what to do with this testicular self exam then i would try it.
thnx :-)

It's easiest to do in the shower while you're warm. You want your testicles to hang loosely as it is easier to examine them. Using your finger and thumb, feel each testicle. You are trying to determine if there are any lumps or swellings. You don't have to do it roughly, just gently. The epidydimis, the little cord in the back, will feel like a bump and be sensitive. The most important thing is that once you've done it, you keep looking for differences. If you notice any differences, then you should get them checked.

You can find it on the web too.

Not everything is cancer, and not every testicle pain is testicular cancer. In fact in a lot of cases you don't have testicle pain with testicular cancer. It may be in your back or groin.

If it continues to bother you get it checked. Do the exam and let us know if you find anything you suspect is odd.

Good luck.

thanks so much :-)

Anytime John, anytime.

Glad to have helped, Dan