My right testicle has been bothering my lately. This initially stated about 4 weeks ago. At first I thought a slight bump my scrotum received while bike riding was the cause, but this has gone on too long. (The bump wasn't particularly bad, just enought to cause a bit of discomfort for me to notice and remember it.)

The symptoms consist of a slight ache or general discomfort that can be felt in the right testicle, particularly after ejaculating. I think it may also be slightly swollen, but I'm not sure if it is, since it's not very noticable. I had thought I was mostly recovered yesterday (after making a point of taking it easy for the last week), when I made the mistake of masturbating last evening. The discomfort was not extreme, but it is annoying. Now, about 10 hour later, I continue to experience a low grade ache. I should also note that the scrotum has retracted around my testes up and has continued to do so, likely because of the slight pain I've been experienceing.

I'm wondering if I need to do anything or if this will go way on its own. I'm thinking it may be an infection but am not sure and am wondering if I should get checked out.

Yes, you should have it checked since the whole thing has been present for a month now. If it were transient, I reckon it would already go away on its on.

Any bumps and swellings around groins and testicles should be inspected by a doc to determine what is causing it and to rule out cancer.

Since there’s pain and discomfort, it is probably not a tumor.
It could be a bacterial infection that certainly needs treatment but I reckon that you would experience bigger discomfort and pain. I would also suspect inguinal hernia that may cause swelling and a bump in a groin/testicular area as well as discomfort you have been describing.

What ever it may be, it would be wise to have it checked without delay. The sooner you have it checked, the sooner you will get rid of it. Good luck!

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me. im 16 and im having a pain in my right testicle, ive been to my GP and he says its bedshim, which is sitting on the same position for too long. he gave me antibiotics which did help but i had to stop because they made me ill. its been 6 days since the problem became noticable and ive felt a hard piece of skin connected with i dont know what but connected to my right testicle, immediatly i got worried and started to panic. my mum thinks i need to excercise because its been effecting my upper thigh almost like with growing pains and i need to keep moving it. i had an operation 5 years before because my testicle twisted itself and i got treatment, i hope this isnt the same thing. can anyone help me ?