Hey I'm 14 and a while ago I pulled/torn a muscle in my thigh when I pulled it it was incredibly sore. after a while it was OK ish but recently I was running near where i live and I must have re pulled it or something. It just won't go away Help PLEASE!!

PS the pain is a line about 3 inches long and 2mm thick roughly and is situated about half way down my right thigh on the front the pain is in a crossway possition

Health Advisor

Hello, MatHem.

Pulled thigh is very annoying injury because it lasts long. Many of my friends had same issue following the soccer injury. 

Best solution to this is inaction and massage of injured area. Also, I recommend rubbing an ice cube over that part of body and water massage (trick is to use cold and hot water intermittently - just use shower head and direct stream towards thigh). 

Also, you can use some ointment. Consult your pharmacist which is the best to use. And, as I said before, you must rest as much as you can.

This is all related to the fact that muscle is pulled. If it is torn, that's somewhat difficult to heal, so you should ask an advice from doctor.

Thanks very much.