My friend told me he has experienced orchitis in conjunction with infections of the prostate and epididymis. He also said it might occur as a manifestation of sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea or Chlamydia. Since I have heard that the incidence of sexually transmitted orchitis or epididymitis is higher in men 19 to 35 years old, I am worried. Can you tell me more about this problem with orchitis and are there some risk factors.

During orchitis, physical examination may reveal tender and enlarged lymph nodes in the groin on the affected side. Physical exam may also show a tender and enlarged testicle on the affected side of infected testicle. A rectal examination may reveal an enlarged or tender prostate gland, as problem that goes together with orchitis. Medications to treat this infection are prescribed if the causative agent is bacterial. Pain medications and anti-inflammatory medications are also commonly prescribed for orchitis infection. In the case of gonorrhea or Chlamydia, sexual partners must also be treated, wherever problem is. When orchitis is caused by viral agents, only analgesics are prescribed, and bed rest, with elevation of the scrotum and ice packs applied to the area, is recommended. Risk factors for sexually transmitted orchitis include firstly multiple sexual partners. History of a sexual partner with a previously diagnosed sexually transmitted disease and personal history of gonorrhea or other diseases are also risk factors for orchitis.

orchitis occur after extreme pain for 5 hrs untill medicated with high painkiller injection priscribed by specialist in trama center . the other day it stated swelling . i got amtibiotic augmentun pils . it got ok after 3 months but the process of decreasing size did not stoped.now its reduction stoped and size is only 10 mm diameter. can i have an expert opinion. can it be cured . All this occur before my marriage but now i have a daughter and a son .