I keep listening about many infections women get because of being sexually active and not protecting themselves. I am not still engaging myself in sexual intercourse but would still like to know why it is that women get these tubal infections. I would appreciate if there was somebody who could tell me more about it. Thx

Hi there! By tubal I suppose you mean vaginal and not Falopian tubes, so I will try to tell you what I know about it. The vagina creates its own environment and maintains a balance among the normal bacteria found there and the hormonal changes in a woman’s body. Vaginal infections occur when the vaginal ecosystem has been changed by certain medications such as antibiotics, hormones, contraceptive preparations, douches, vaginal medication, sexual intercourse, sexually transmitted diseases, stress, and change in sexual partners. Some vaginal infections are transmitted through sexual contact, but others are not. The most common causes of vaginal infections are: thrush, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia and gonorrhoea. Other infections include genital herpes and genital warts. For all of these infections symptoms vary as well as the treatments.