Rolfing is a health treatment which works somewhere between massage and osteopathy. Massage is for the muscles, and osteopathy is for the bones. Rolfing is primarily for the treatment of bad posture and the realignment of fascia. I know this because I need help like this, so my doctor recommended me Rolofing treatment. That’s why I would like to know more about this kind of treatment.

Rolfing was invented between 1940's and 50's by an American lady called Dr. Ida Rolf. There are now three major Rolfing schools worldwide, in Colorado, Brazil, and Munich. Rolfers United is based in Munich, and they offer Rolfing treatments. Usually those treatments are used by anyone who suffers symptoms such as back pain, shoulder pain, headaches, and any number of different aches and pains. Rolofing treatments doesn’t just works against the symptoms, but rather it trys to improve the structure, bearing, and movement pattern of the whole body. The aim is to make patients aware of their own body and to help them maintain tissue corrections for themself, indefinitely. Each rolfing session lasts about one hour, and recommended course consists of ten sessions. These can be taken at intervals of 2 to 4 weeks, so a full course might last nearly a year. The rolfer has to understand the peculiarities of how everyone’s particular body is connected together. Rolfing is based strictly on medical science, but also has a holistic approach to it.