Please tell what possible treatments for diverticulitis are. How to resolve the inflammation and infection and rest bowels a little bit? Once I had mild symptoms of diverticulitis, and I was on a high fiber diet then, but now year after it came back.

Diverticulitis treatment include: antibiotics and other microbe-fighting drugs, given to eliminate the infection along with pain medications and drugs to decrease muscle spasms and cramping; for inflammation you can drink clear fluids for the first 2-3 days. I didn’t understant if you already were on aprescribed treatment and how serious your condition is but in some cases surgery is needed. Surgery to remove the section of the bowel with pouches may be recommended if: you have had multiple attacks during a two-year period or a pouch breaks and the content spread into the abdominal cavity. Surgery is also used to treat complications of diverticulitis, such as: abscess, which occurs if the infected pouch fills with pus, if the bowel is blocked. That can happen if scar tissue forms and blocks movement of stool through the intestine and fistula usually occurs if the infection spreads and colon tissue attaches to another organ.