Hi, my wife has a prolapsed bladder. Her condition is very stressful to her, and I would like to know how is it usually treated. Is there any way she can stop the urine dropping into vagina?

Hi, I am 39 years old, and have a prolapsed bladder. It was damaged during a childbirth, and I’m afraid that it’s only gonna get worse because a menopause is getting near. During the menopause, estrogen levels are getting lower, and they can’t protect the muscles as they used to. Prolapsed bladder is also called fallen bladder or cystocel. There are few levels of severity, based on how much the bladder droops into the vagina. Fortunately, my case is not that severe. I have only a small portion of the bladder that is dropping into my vagina. It could be much worse. Some women have a bladder that protrudes completely outside the vagina. It’s terrible. I don’t need any treatment. The only thing a doctor recommended me is to avoid heavy lifting. However, for more severe cases, there are treatments like pessary and estrogen replacement.

Pessary is for older people--very much--who will not be having sexual relations. A lot of problems with cleanliness issues.
The only thing to do is surgery. It is 2.5 hours. You will spend one night in the hospital and after that, 6 weeks recoup. It is not a problem at all. The worst was having to wear a pad for the bleeding for 3 weeks---it was like having a period again.