How do they do that? Some runners, when they pass by me going the other way, positively radiate the smell of fresh laundry. Do they have a dryer sheet under each armpit? I'm sure I smell somewhere between homeless guy and dying yak when I run.

Change your running partners.

Change your running partners.
*SNORT*
My favorites are the ones who have to wear a gallon of cologne.

I smell good. I know this because I stop people on my runs and give them a survey. The overall response about my smell? 'summery, fresh yet never ostentatious'...

What - no, "Manly, yes - but I like it too!" ?

i got nuttin.

It was a tough fitting the pocket knife and bar of soap in the running shorts...

:LOL:
I'm somewhere between swamp gas and a musk ox in heat...

I'm pretty sure I don't smell good. There's this girl I know that came directly to lab one time after running... and still smelled great. I don't get it. But what is really annoying is the people that run/walk after soaking in a cologne/perfume bath. You can't breathe within 20 yards of them. It's hot outside, you might sweat, deal with it. I'd rather smell your stench than be overpowered by every scent available at Dillards.

i'm lucky, i do not stink often. so i am told anyway. But when i do watch out. i think it's funny to see the cat's nose curl when i go by her. that's when i know i really stink, i must smell worse than her litter box to get that reaction.

personally i love it though when i get a "fresh laundry" breeze off someone, almost always a pretty girl.

:1:
lots of senior walk my running path. i go from Estee Lauder stench to Lancome stench to Polo stench and back to Estee Lauder. i'd rather smell the cow poo. really.

Got to wear that Old Spice deodorant..that will do it..

As the old philosopher Dear Abby used to write:
"Perfume should be discovered, NOT announced"
After a run, everything I wear is soaked through. In fact I have had people ask me if it was raining outside. If there are no showers available, I usually change into dry clothes just so I do not: a Stink up the immediate area and b: Mess up the car seats.

Much bettah than that bar o soap and that pocket knife...

I don't put on cologne to go running or to go to a race. but there are people who will tell you that I like good cologne and I have spent $$ on the scents that I use. if you can smell that while I'm on a training run, it's because I'm wearing the good stuff and it has lasted all day. I'm sure there's a point where the sweat washes all the scent away. No one has ever commented on my fine cologne just after I've finished a run...... :shrug: